Sunday, November 28, 2010

Liberace research

I've been visiting my Motherland (LA-The Valley) for the family holiday festivities but I've managed to squeeze in some local Liberace research for my next video project-- which I will most likely show in the MFA thesis show at the Berkeley Art Museum in May 2011. For this project I am handling a huge amount of found images and video footage and am currently figuring out how to transform myself into his likeness in a fabulous and respectful way. I still need to structure the narrative (think chocolate pianos turned ACT UP) into something cohesive. And because that May date is creepin' right around the bend I've got some major sequining and hand-beading to do. Check out some pictures I took (and some obvious one I didn't).

Liberace grave site Forest Lawn - Hollywood Hills
Liberace grave site (detail) Forest Lawn - Hollywood Hills

Liberace's Sherman Oaks home on Valley Village Dr. (San Fernando Valley)
Sherman Oaks home side entrance
Piano Pool at the Sherman Oaks home as seen from Google Maps

Also, while I was here I picked up a little gift from my friend Kelly. It was something I regretted not buying from the Liberace Museum when Greg and I visited. It even on sale for $35--that is the extent of my poorness/cheapness. So, I asked her to get it for me a few weeks later when she paid her last respects to Lee and his now-closed museum.
my new ring
check out right hand index finger

No comments: