Thursday, February 10, 2011

Criminal Queers **almost there!!**




Wow, it's going on 4 years now! 4 years ago that Eric and I shot the first scene for the Homotopia sequel Criminal Queers. I don't remember what or when exactly that was but it's sometime around now, 4 years ago. I'm writing today to say, it's almost done! I swear, I'm not just saying it this time. Yes, I know I've been declaring it almost done for 2 of the past 4 years, but this time it's really true. We have an amazing editor, Hokulani Beale and she is cutting it the F up! It's starting to look like a real movie. A good movie, in fact. One you'd be chompin' at the bit to see! And this Sunday, we're shooting the final scene of the movie. A mass prison break! If you want to come, check out the Facebook event and contact me directly to confirm. No messin' around. We need to be absolutely sure who can come because 1. we're going to feed you and 2. we need to make sure we have enough orange "County Jail" jump suits for you all. This is so very important, so please consider showing up and helping us make prison abolitionist, queer visual history!

Then! Ready or not, we're screening a cut of the movie at UCSC on February 28th, 2011 at 7-9 PM! Whoa, right?! The clock is tickin'! We got some work to do. But, if you're in Santa Cruz you should absolutely come. It's guaranteed to be something else!

No comments: