Sunday, March 27, 2011

Original Plumbing BLOG post #7: Irina, Nico & Scenes Unseen

You may or may not have noticed that I did not post my usual Sunday blog interview last week. Let me just give it to you like the 1990s group SNAP and say, around here: it's gettin, it's gettin, it's gettin kinda hectic! My MFA graduation date is less than 2 months away and while interviewing my friends in these posts about their wonderful projects has been inspiring, I am ready to go full force into my own work and head! Stay tuned for details on the opening of the 41st Annual UC Berkeley, Master of Fine Arts Graduate Exhibition. Til then, look what I got for you this week...

For my grand finale OP blog post I have closed the circle. Back to my roots of 8 weeks ago. I have returned to talk to Irina Contreras (remember all the way back to post #1 on The Miracle Bookmobile?). This time though, I talk with her and her other collaborator: Nico Dacumos. The two of them make delicious and social food together via Lubao's Supper Club, and they are currently putting together a performance event for the National Queer Arts Festival called, Scenes Unseen. It is a show about gender, sexuality, nationality and border crossing--of all kinds.


But don't take my word for it, read all about it: HERE!


Thanks again for reading and reposting these posts, people. It was a fun li'l weekly project, and I sincerely appreciate all the kind words I received about it. Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

No comments: