Friday, June 8, 2012

June's First Quarterly Update

June is off to a busy start (just like my horoscope said--thanks for the heads up, Susan Miller) and I have lots to update and oh so many links to provide that I don't even know we're to begin! I guess I'll just do what I do best and 'wing it', here goes...

Criminal Queers @ New Museum
Last night's event was off the hook. We screened Criminal Queers to a packed house @ the New Museum in conjunction with Carlos Motta's We Who Feel Differently Thursday Night Programs! If you have not already seen Carlos' project, I invite you to do so NOW (www.wewhofeeldifferently.info)! As you might be able to tell, most of the project is archived online, and the website includes downloadable PDFs from the journal, video & audio of the many notable queer participants, etc. etc. Photo & audio documentation of OUR event "Love Revolution, Not State Collusion" co-organized by Jeannine Tang & Reina Gosset lives: HERE

Playback > @ Queens Nails Projects
Before I left for NY, last week I participated in Playback > a mini-video themed residency program at Queens Nails Projects in SF. Two blog posts ago, I put out a call for participation (Call For Participation: Smalltown Boys) and last week I set up shop in the gallery space and video'd friends & acquaintances in front of a greenscreen responding (lip-synching, dancing, swaying, staring) to the song Small town Boys by Bronski Beat. In little over a day I edited all the majick together and the first screening of my five minute piece, as well the other work produced during the residency, will be on:
June 20th, 7pm
Rock Bar
80 29th Street
SF, CA
Lots more info here: Playback > events & screenings

TOPOGRAPHIXX: Trans in the Landscape program :: currated by Tobaron Waxman
This brilliant & inspired program, which includes my video Have You Ever Seen A Transsexual Before?, screened in Rome, Italy on May 20th in an event called "BaBel2. The Independent Biennial of Critical Housing." Provocative propostion, right? I wish I could've attended, but the next best thing might be reading someone else's experience of the event: A Right To The City / Trans In The Landscape  on PrettyQueer.com

The TOPOGRAPHIXX program will also screen as part of the OUT LIKE THAT! Festival
June 14, 2012. 8pm
Tickets: $5
@ Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance (BAAD!)
841 Barretto Street 2nd Floor, Bronx, NY.
1 (718) 842-5223
http://bronxacademyofartsanddance.org/

No comments: